Welcome

I struggled to find PEM resources for my CT3 year, despite the variety of excellent resources out there. I hope this website will help point you in the right direction. I'm not a PEM expert, but am following the guidance CEM have issued (in the form of a syllabus) to put together this page. This page is not endorsed by CEM, and any mistakes are mine.

Please comment with corrections, additions and further suggestions.

All the information here is collected from the internet, and it might be out of date or inaccurate, so please use your judgement and adhere to your hospital's protocols. If you do notice any errors or omissions please comment so we can put them right!

To navigate, decide whether you want to start with a PMP or a PAP. You can then select which PMP or PAP you want to look at. You will then be taken to the summary page for that PMP, with links expanded topic collections. If you know what topic you want to look at already, click on the link on the right hand side.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Ovarian Torsion

Strangulated Hernias could rarely include an ovary - 4.9 cases/  100,000
Ovarian torsion occurs in young women (63% in 7-10yr old), and post-menopausal women
20% of cases occur during pregnancy

- Bowel takes a long time, so if there's a hard lump, think of a trapped ovary
- It might feel mobile like a bean
- Don't squish the ovary
- More commonly on the right hand side
- More likely if there's a cyst
- 60% of patients also have vomiting
- 3% have peritoneal signs
- 30% have no tenderness to palpation

Treatment
Ovaries can be difficult to reduce but don't become ischaemic as quickly as testicles.

References
http://pedemmorsels.com/ovarian-torsion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FOAMEM+%28FOAM+RSS%29
http://www.rcemlearning.co.uk/modules/tummy-painagain/
http://radiopaedia.org/articles/ovarian-torsion
http://emlyceum.com/2012/06/21/ovarian-torsion-answers/

5 comments:

  1. You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead. See the link below for more info.


    #right
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete
  2. Execellen !
    love to read this.. post..
    Thnks a lot for sharing this valuable content...

    TOSHIBA PVM-375AT

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Amanda Taylor. To cut a long story short I tried about 3 different herbal doctors over a period of 3 months and all they wanted was more & more money and kept coming up with excuses as to why my herpes virus wasn’t cured. Just when I was about to give up I came across several good testimonies of Dr.WAFE over the internet. I contacted him and he promised to restore my faith back into Herbal Doctors, that they are real and herbal medications do actually work to cure herpes virus. I was very sceptical after several scam. Mine wasn’t a simple virus because my little daughter was infected also but Dr.WAFE put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. Always called & text on time. Replied to emails on time. I recommend Dr.WAFE extremely highly. Dr.WAFE you are a gifted man and I will not stop recommending him because he is a wonderful man. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine Herbal Doctor, try him anytime, he is the answer to your problems. You can contact him through his email:drwafesolutioncenter@gmail.com or call+2348070415001

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete